Omnibus Industrial Development Corporation (OIDC) is a truly multipurpose organisation performing diverse activities like housing, industrial estates, promoting tourism, quality liquor, branded computers and providing raw material to the industrial units in the twin Union Territories of Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli. Unlike other states, where there are separate Govt. Corporations to look after these specific activities, these union territories have a single Corporation performing all these activities, thus avoiding multiplicity of government bodies.
Recently OIDC has been declared as
Infrastructure Development Corporation also and the Administration has entrusted all the big infrastructure
projects to OIDC.
The Organization Structure of our company is well planned with focus laid on decentralization at all levels, i.e., Top, Senior, Middle and Junior.
The Top level is the decision making authority comprising of Chairman, Board of Directors, and the Managing Director. The senior level comprises 2 General Managers, 1 Company Secretary and 1 Executive Engineer who are in-charge of Finance, Business and Construction departments with adequate delegation of powers to their respective middle level managers. Finally the Junior level comprises of general administrative staff, who would be directly responsible for the day to day activities of the organization.
Being a service-oriented organization, we undertook various multifarious activities which are as under:
- We developed two model industrial estates at Daman.
- More than 150 industrial units are functioning with the entire necessary infrastructure, which created employment for more than 5000 workers.
- We are a major distributor of Raw Materials including Polymers, Zinc, Copper and Lead.
- We launched a major Housing Scheme at Diu on 19.12.2000 comprising of 140 independent houses.
- The Housing Complex at Silvassa was completed during the financial year 2000-2001.
- We provided seed capital for setting up of tribal artifacts and handicrafts emporium at Silvassa.
- We contributed Rs. 3.34 crores to the exchequer by way of Sales Tax and Excise Duty during the financial year 2000-2001.
- Reconstruction of Damanganga Bridge linking Nani Daman & Moti Daman
The following are our proposed activities, which we hope would further provide boost to the industrial and economic development of the twin UTs.
- Establishment of Integrated business centre at Daman.
- Establishing an Apperal Park at Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- Creating Tourism Infrastructure in Diu.
- Construction of Hospitals on behalf of Adminstration.
- Construction of Bridges & Roads on behalf of Administration.
- Construction of Houses for Econimically Weaker Section in Dadra.
- Construction of Low Cost Housing in Silvassa.
- To develop Industrial Estates in Dadra & Nagar Haveli.